The Maryland Energy Administration in partnership with; Maryland Department of Transportation, Maryland Department of Environment, Maryland Motor Truck Association and the Maryland Clean Cities Coalition has opened a new incentive program for all electric trucks.
The Maryland Electric Truck (MET) Voucher Program will provide an incentive for up to $20,000 for the purchase of an all-electric truck.
Eligible vehicles include the following:
- New on-highway all electric trucks over 10,000 GVWR (Class 3 and above) which will be registered in Maryland.
- Electric trucks that have been previously registered (in any state) or paid for by the Motor Carrier (other than a vehicle down payment in order to receive a voucher) are ineligible.
- Electric truck must be a commercial, non-profit agency, or public fleet vehicle.
- Trucks must be purchased from the Eligible Vehicle Program Guide.
- Leased electric trucks (see MET Voucher Program Lease Instruction Sheet).
- Pre-owned electric trucks are not eligible.
- Passenger-carrying vehicles are not eligible.