CNG Training and Certification
1900 Diamond Hill Rd.
Virginia Clean Cities is proud to announce a CNG training and certification course May 18-22 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm at TFC Recycling in Chesapeake, Virginia. This training, hosted by Hank Brown of TFC Recycling, will provide both hands-on application and theoretical discussion centered on the challenges and successes of working with compressed natural gas and CNG vehicles. At the conclusion of the training, participants will have completed 40 hours of training for the NFPA 52, CNG Theory, Safety, Troubleshooting and Diagnostics for CNG vehicles.
MAJOR INSTRUCTIONAL AREAS
- Theory and history of compressed natural gas
- Installation and training with Swagelok products
- System operation with Agility fuel systems
- Understanding NFPA 52 Vehicular Gaseous Fuel Systems Code
- Installing compressed natural gas components
- Programming and calibrating compressed natural gas components
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Understand the history and theory of compressed natural gas as an alternative fuel source
- Knowledge of alternative fuels technical definitions
- Safety precautions relative to natural gas properties
- Preparing for fuel system inspection
- Correctly install tube fittings and end connections
- Recognize the causes of leaks and troubleshoot issues correctly
- Knowledge of the fuel system structure and components
- Knowledge of CNG station components and maintenance
- Correct operation and maintenance of compressed natural gas-powered vehicles
- Understand all of the NFPA 52 code information as it relates to compressed natural gas
- Identify hardware requirements and software installation needs
- Program and calibrate the vehicle engine control unit
- Diagnose engine control unit errors and perform necessary injector testing
- Correctly understanding schematics
- Successfully complete the CSA America compressed natural gas certification examination
Registration is $1,320.00 and includes lunch, training materials, and a certificate.
If you wish to pay by check, please contact Kaitlin Pomerleau at (540) 568-4854 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. VCC will not deposit registration payments until the course start date. Participants will be contacted and reimbursed individually in the case of cancellation. Payment must be received for your registration to be complete.